Is something organic if it is shipped across the country? What about the fuel that is used and how that affects our environment, not to mention the freshness of the food and a myriad of other factors. Over the last few years i have been reading everything i can get my hands on to help me answer these and other questions so sit back, relax and explore where my quest has taken me thus far.

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

RAW mexican night (day 2)

Dan has gone completely off the reservation which is GREAT!

Last night he made Mexican and it was MMMM MMMM Good!

Now bear with me because his measurement system is more loosey goosey that I am used to so I have done my best to put measurements in but adjust as you see fit.

1/2 C walnuts
1/2 C sunflower seeds
1/4 C flax seeds
1tbsp chia seeds
2 tbsp sesame sees
3/4 C sundried tomatoes (these had been pre-soaked overnight)
Use the tomato juice  to hydrate all the seeds, it adds a ton of flavor.
herbs/spices to taste:
garlic powder
onion powder
cumin (be generous)
coriander
salt/pepper
tumeric
2 tbsp olive oil

hand chop all but tomatoes lightly, then mix in tomatoes and add in juice to cover. Add olive oil, let sit and re-fill liquid as necessary. Dan noted that it would be better to add in the seasoning at the end as they were all soaked up by the seeds expanding.

Cheeeeeeze
1/2 C finely chopped cashews
1/4 C +/- yogurt (more for creamier yogurt, also opt to use kefir instead)
squirt of lemon

get cashews to a small almost buttery consistency. Add yogurt to desired consistency and squirt lemon @ end.

Opt. add preferred herbs.

Mango Salsa
1 mango
1/2 shallot
fresh cilantro
5 grapes
1 carrot
cinnamon
salt/pepper
lime juice

chop/mix/eat- really that's it!

We spread all three over the flax seed crackers and completely enjoyed the meal.

Crunch on my friends
~CM



No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List