Is something organic if it is shipped across the country? What about the fuel that is used and how that affects our environment, not to mention the freshness of the food and a myriad of other factors. Over the last few years i have been reading everything i can get my hands on to help me answer these and other questions so sit back, relax and explore where my quest has taken me thus far.

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Gosh I have been BUSY!

Where has the time gone? Yes I have been busy and up to a ton as far as recipes and such go. I just reviewed my last post (from WAY back in September) and while I did not end up going raw for a month as I planned I did get that food dehydrator and those books. I think I will revisit the idea and try to integrate some new dishes into my life.

Aside from that I have been studying many, many new things and working them into my lifestyle which has been great. I took an online course in both essential oils and herbs, both I found fascinating and would love to learn more. I have my little eye on a couple of other classes in the same theme and am just saving my pennies so that I can sign up for them.

One of the great outcome of my herbs study is that I have learned to make some delicious and health beneficial herbal teas. There are many other methods of ingesting herbs for health benefits but I have not ventured into them yet. My herb shelf is so pretty, it's full of beautiful bright mason jars with some awesome dried flowers, roots and leaves in all different shades and textures. It brings me a sense of peace and a connection to the earth whenever I look at it.

I have learned a bit more about essential oils and their awesome powers. An essential oil is basically the heart of a plant, the plants essence. Many EO's have wonderful healing properties as well as being naturally anti-bacterial, anti-viral, anti-fungal and beyond. I have started to phase out my commercial cleaning products based on what I have learned, it seems like a much healthier choice and besides they have a much better scent!

Many of the soaps I make have essential oils in them I am now working to integrate EO's into other areas of my life.


And then, there's "Pintrest." Have you been there? Good lord that site is amazing and will completely suck any free time I thought I had right up! Click here to follow my awesome pins. I have found some amazing recipes and great gardening and home decor ideas too!

So this in addition to my full time job and making my soaps has kept me fairly busy, oh- and I will be taking a photography class starting next month, I am totally stoked about that! I even have a film SLR camera for it. I now right, FILM!?!

Stay tuned, I have about a million recipes and other such things to share with y'all.

'Til then
~CM

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List