Is something organic if it is shipped across the country? What about the fuel that is used and how that affects our environment, not to mention the freshness of the food and a myriad of other factors. Over the last few years i have been reading everything i can get my hands on to help me answer these and other questions so sit back, relax and explore where my quest has taken me thus far.

Monday, December 7, 2009

Tiny Bubbles!!!!

Well maybe big bubbles.  I was a very busy soaper this past weekend.  I was feeling very creative and started to play around with scents, colors and patterns.  Guess what I also made two batches completely from scratch!!!!  It's called cold process soap making.  I feel like a mad scientist when I do this method but oh - it is so worth it!  Please enjoy the pictures that I took of my soaps.  I think these will make great holiday gifts!


Cheers
~CM



These soaps are plumeria scented,
it is a soft floral scent that kind of just tickles your nose.





These little cuties are "celestial water" scented.......
i guess to describe this i would say if has a great fresh scent
that has a hint of cucumber at the end, it smells really clean.







Apple for the teacher? 
These soaps smell like cinnamon, yum!





Kaleido"soaps"  These are an inspiration of Mr. Mouse. 
The colored pieces are also soap, just colored then cut up,
I added them in layers to facilitate a fun 3-D look to this bar. 
This soap has the bright scents of Spanish Oranges.





Relaxing chamomile, this delightful soap is part of the 
nekked soap collection. 
With dried chamomile throughout this bar it also has hints of
white tea and ginger - go on, get "nekked."







 Almond delight is all I can say about this. 
This soap it made with goatsmilk and ground
up almonds along with a hint of almond fragrance,
it truly smells good enough to eat!








 


The gems of the day, these are the soaps I made from scratch!  I made two small batches, the soap on the right is lavender scented and has coconut and olive oils in it, the soap on the left is vanilla scented and has palm and olive oils in it.  They probably need a week or two to cure and dry out, once that is done, into the shower I go!!!!  I can hardly wait!





No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List