Is something organic if it is shipped across the country? What about the fuel that is used and how that affects our environment, not to mention the freshness of the food and a myriad of other factors. Over the last few years i have been reading everything i can get my hands on to help me answer these and other questions so sit back, relax and explore where my quest has taken me thus far.

Saturday, December 19, 2009

What's Cooking Good Looking?


Greetings from my Brooklyn winter wonderland.  I made two batches of soap today and am very excited about them.  The one batch is made with avocado, olive and coconut oils, I also added french clay and the most delicious cucumber melon fragrance oil (my kitchen still smells wonderful!).  It is supposed to be a very moisturizing soap.  It has a mildly green tinge (from the clay) but it otherwise uncolored. 



The second soap I made was made using sunflower, coconut and palm oils.  I added a little bit of fuchsia coloring and one of my favorite scents of the moment, baby rose fragrance oil!

Keep warm and enjoy the winter wonderland if it's snowing near you.


Good night
~CM

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List