Is something organic if it is shipped across the country? What about the fuel that is used and how that affects our environment, not to mention the freshness of the food and a myriad of other factors. Over the last few years i have been reading everything i can get my hands on to help me answer these and other questions so sit back, relax and explore where my quest has taken me thus far.

Saturday, September 12, 2009

Duck, Duck Goose!

We got a duck today as well.  I had some left over plum sauce from a previous meal so we decided to do a slow cooker duck with plum sauce and fresh veggies and an apple (we're kind of shooting from the hip on this one).   The kitchen smells heavenly.  It has a plum-y meaty delicious scent floating throughout.  I think we will make some sort of delicious potato dish to accompany daffy and I would like to incorporate the "yogurt cheese" that we purchased today into it the potatoes in some way.  The "yo cheese" has a really great thick texture and has the flavoring of a cross between sour cream and cream cheese.  It's just great.

Well these are my idea for the meal.  We shall see what kind of journey our duck takes us on and I will update when we have tasted, eaten and discussed the meal in detail as we always do.

Until then
~CM

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List