Is something organic if it is shipped across the country? What about the fuel that is used and how that affects our environment, not to mention the freshness of the food and a myriad of other factors. Over the last few years i have been reading everything i can get my hands on to help me answer these and other questions so sit back, relax and explore where my quest has taken me thus far.

Sunday, July 26, 2009

Success!


The bread is still warm so we cut a little piece off to sample. It turned out great! The tartness of the apricots really helped to balance the sweetness of the apples and honey. I could not taste the cheese, I will try a piece when it has cooled down to see if there is a difference, Mr. CM thought it contributed to the complexity and consistency of the bread. I am not sure and may try leaving it out next time or using s cheese with a stronger flavor, such as goat cheese, to compare.

This bread is sweet but not overly sweet and can be used in a wide range of meal preparations, it was also pretty easy to make, I think the double sifting of the flour really contributed to the light fluffiness of the bread.
Oh, also, the house has the most divine apple scent floating through it. All in all a good little bread.

Signing off~
Baker mouse

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List