Is something organic if it is shipped across the country? What about the fuel that is used and how that affects our environment, not to mention the freshness of the food and a myriad of other factors. Over the last few years i have been reading everything i can get my hands on to help me answer these and other questions so sit back, relax and explore where my quest has taken me thus far.

Sunday, August 9, 2009

QUEST????

So perhaps my quest is not for honest foods, perhaps it's just a quest for honesty.

In addition to eating healthy I have decided that what I apply to my body is just as important as what I put inside it. Think about it we are putting products next to some very sensitive areas. Deodorant is applied next to lymph nodes and who knows what is in there that may cause damage over long term use. Maybe Europeans got it right when they decided that stinky was best. Skin is the largest organ on our bodies, I have decided to pay a little more attention to mine and see what positive changes I can make for it. Now, I am not made of money, I do not prefer to be stinky and I don't believe that just because something says it is natural that it is the best choice. I am a discriminating shopper, very discriminating.

Today I did two experiments which one came out much better that I thought it would and the other is still setting up so I can't say for sure yet. Today I made lip moisturizer and I just finished my first batch of lotion which I am waiting to see how it comes out. The lip moisturizer came out SO SILKY AND SMOOTH!!!! I love it! It's totally nekked! No unnatural nothin' and even Mr. Mouse, who hates lip moisturizer with a purple passion, was very positive about it's attributes and "feel". It goes on really smooth and soaks into my lips fast leaving them soft and delicious!


OH! This is fun, I love trying new things and seeing how they work out and what changes can be made to improve the quality of what I have created. I can't wait to try the lotion, more on that tomorrow. I have also ordered supplies to make soap, as soon as everyhting comes in I will be tackling that little experiment then writing about my experiences.

Later
~CM

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List