Is something organic if it is shipped across the country? What about the fuel that is used and how that affects our environment, not to mention the freshness of the food and a myriad of other factors. Over the last few years i have been reading everything i can get my hands on to help me answer these and other questions so sit back, relax and explore where my quest has taken me thus far.

Saturday, May 30, 2009

Soy


I have never been a fan of soy. I find it disconcerting that it is in SO many products anymore. Have you read a food label lately? I guarantee that you will either find soy, soy oil or some derivation of the soy bean in the list you may also find high fructose corn syrup, or some form of corn in your product as well. By the way those are the two biggest crops in the U.S. so why not shove it into every possible food product on the shelves.

I was cruising around the web, as I normally do on the weekends looking for fun new food recipes to try to make and stumbled upon an informative web site (click on the title "soy" to be transported to knowledge). I found it to be extremely informative and will be searching for more information on the soy topic. If you are a non-dairy person that's fine, it's a smart thing to do and you are probably healthier for that decision, I personally try to limit my dairy intake as much as possible but I am on a quest to be able to do that without stuffing myself full of soy. It's hard, because of this new "health trend" I am spending more and more time in the kitchen making things from scratch I completely enjoy cooking so that is not the problem BUT I don't like that I am not able to choose to not consume soy when I purchase products from my local friendly grocery store and I refuse to just silently let this happen. This is my life and my health that is at stake, and I guarantee that the soy industry does not have my best interests at heart here.

Check out the web site, even if you are pro-soy, at least you will be making that decision knowing what you are actually putting into your body.

The anti-soy City Mouse

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List