Is something organic if it is shipped across the country? What about the fuel that is used and how that affects our environment, not to mention the freshness of the food and a myriad of other factors. Over the last few years i have been reading everything i can get my hands on to help me answer these and other questions so sit back, relax and explore where my quest has taken me thus far.

Saturday, May 30, 2009

Beer


Ugh! I love our local watering hole. But the next morning I always ask myself "what were you thinking!?!" It's a little place where the locals always go, there is a juke box, a dart board and a pool table. No Food, just beer. Oh and did i mention that the beer is $1.50 for a mug and every third beer is free, and no you don't have your choice of hoity toity expensive microbrews or european selections to choose from, you get what you're poured and that's it!

As you can guess it is easy to get drunk......scratch that, beyond drunk there and it is the reason why this city mouse is sitting in her jammies at 3:30 in the afternoon! I mention this only because I am sitting here gripping onto my coffee cup with a searing headache which is the product of cheap beer and beer taps that are not cleaned regurarly. Yes, this headache was caused by the unfriendly little bacteria that live in dirty beer taps, I can always tell because it feels different than a hangover headache, it is slightly more persistent and makes me feel foggy and even my delicious coffee can not quell the waves of incompetence that are currently passing over me.

Well because of all this, Mr. City Mouse and I have decided to start making our own beer, I just got done ordering the supplies! YAY! Even if it fails miserably, it can't cause a headache that is any worse than the one that I have.

Stay tuned for the great beer making extravaganza! We will hopefully have a home brew in a couple of weeks!

Signing off
An Achy Little City Mouse

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List