Is something organic if it is shipped across the country? What about the fuel that is used and how that affects our environment, not to mention the freshness of the food and a myriad of other factors. Over the last few years i have been reading everything i can get my hands on to help me answer these and other questions so sit back, relax and explore where my quest has taken me thus far.

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Soap Smithing

Greetings from Brooklyn, 

Well I have started to make my valentine's day soaps for the masses......well, maybe for family and friends and someday the masses ;) Who cares it's fun and keeps me out of trouble. I do have good news, I had my first online purchase of products! It was exhilarating and terrifying, what if she hated them? And me? Oh geez, what do I do? Mr. Mouse helped out, he said, "ship the order!" And so I did......I want to call her and see how she's doing, how's work and the family and oh yeah how are those soaps? I have resisted the urge thus far, I am aiming to not become a soap stalker of sorts. 

Anyway onto my newest concoctions, I have been sticking to the feminine scents but today I branched out and made something with a more masculine scent which I am just loving. My sister gave me some feedback on scents that she likes and I tried to incorporate some of that into one set, I also had some other thoughts for what valentine's day may smell like to one and have made a soap with that incorporated into it. My vague descriptions must be killing you! 

Alright so my masculine scented soap is sandalwood scented with a hemp base for the guys. I have two other molds setting up and two more in line to be poured. The one I have setting up is lilac scented yum! Oh and it's a pretty neat looking one too. The third that is setting is a cinnamon sugar scented soap (smells like a delicious cookie!) As I said I have more soaps to make but limited molds so they have to be made in cycles, currently I am sitting in my office, microwave in front of me, I know, it's a strange piece of equipment for an office, but hey- the printer is in the kitchen! I am up to my eyeballs in the little hearts and stars I have made to incorporate into my big molds and inhaling the sweet scents of cinnamon, lilac and sandalwood which is surprisingly not a bad combination. After all of this soaping I must have the cleanest hands on the planet, also all my utensils are deliciously clean, I can't complain though, I tried candle making ONCE, it was awful, clean-up was a nightmare, I melted two spatulas and ruined a pot, never again!




Well I hope you enjoyed the pics, wish you could smell the delightfulness. 

Bye for now
~CM

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List