Is something organic if it is shipped across the country? What about the fuel that is used and how that affects our environment, not to mention the freshness of the food and a myriad of other factors. Over the last few years i have been reading everything i can get my hands on to help me answer these and other questions so sit back, relax and explore where my quest has taken me thus far.

Thursday, October 8, 2009

BEST COFFEE EVER!!!


I mean it, I truly had the best cup of coffee that I have had this side of the Atlantic.  As with all things in life when it comes to something I feel strongly about I don't simply like it, I LOVE it, and obsess over it and look for which place makes it better and then still find ways to improve upon that.  As an additional engagement gift we were sent a "Brikka" coffee maker.  It is a little stove top deal that makes espresso style coffee.  

First I should premise this story by stating that New York is afraid of good coffee even if you pay through the nose for it they are just not willing to grind it fresh or do any of the steps that would make it worthy of the price tag they deem appropriate.  Therefore I always look forward to the weekend mornings when I have the time to fire up my little grinder and make MY coffee MY way.  

I digress, the Brikka, is a percolator and it took about 3 minutes flat to produce the black gold that I had the pleasure of drinking this morning.  As an additional and ingenious treat I used coconut milk instead of almond milk or cows milk and it really made it sweet and creamy.   I think the only change I would make is to have steamed the milk so it was warm but I just did not think about it this morning pre-coffee.  I know for next time thought:)


To all the coffee lovers out there, I recommend one of these contraptions if you do not have one already. (by the way it's from Target!)



Signing off
~CM

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List