Is something organic if it is shipped across the country? What about the fuel that is used and how that affects our environment, not to mention the freshness of the food and a myriad of other factors. Over the last few years i have been reading everything i can get my hands on to help me answer these and other questions so sit back, relax and explore where my quest has taken me thus far.

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Hello again from the great wild north

Our AWESOME Easter Dinner!
Well alright, not THAT wild.  But different and wonderful. We are still checking out our new digs and enjoying what we have found so far.  We are obsessed with our Co-Op and all it's awesome offerings, every time we bring something new home to try we are just blown away by how very good it is. Recently I randomly bought a cup of Libertè yogurt (coconut) and was beyond impressed by it!  It was thick and creamy like greek yogurt but without the tartness that I associate with yogurt in general.  It has 5 bacteria strains which is more than I have seen in any other yogurt and it also has REAL FRUIT in it......amazing.  So of course we bought more and I have been eating them like a crazy person.

We also bought "rainbow eggs" from Gopher Broke Farms (love the name) and yes the eggs were all different colors naturally.  I guess if there are all different colored chickens there should be different colored eggs too.  They are white, light green, tan, dark tan and speckled too, pretty neat, oh and the yokes are a deep yellow, almost orange, they are so fluffy and creamy it's just nuts! I was just on their site, it looks like we have a farm visit in our future to them, I have a hankering for a fresh chicken!

The infamous Rainbow Eggs

....and the creamy yolks....


I feel like our soap company will do quite well in this environment where people do out of their way to buy local and buy handmade or more natural options than the commercial options that are available. Can you believe that there is no Target in Vermont at all? Although I like target because it is easy, I support the idea of keeping big box stores out to protect small business owners, so GO VERMONT!

Well that's it from me, I hope everyone is well and happy.

'till later
~A very happy Country Mouse

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List