Is something organic if it is shipped across the country? What about the fuel that is used and how that affects our environment, not to mention the freshness of the food and a myriad of other factors. Over the last few years i have been reading everything i can get my hands on to help me answer these and other questions so sit back, relax and explore where my quest has taken me thus far.

Saturday, September 4, 2010

Market Day!

One of our favorite days here in Brooklyn.  We woke up to discover that it was absolutely beautiful out, no rain, no humidity, just sunny with fluffy clouds.  We decided to take a trip to the farmers market located in the park near our house.  What a great idea that turned out to be! 

The market was absolutely hopping, the fruits looked beautiful, we got some great meats and even placed an order for a whole rabbit which should be ready next weekend.  There was a live blue grass band there which was pretty good.  We chatted with some of our farmer friends and got some really great, fresh yummies.  Our cheese maker friends had some fresh goat cheese which is just divine, I see that working its way into a tapas plate sometime this weekend.  We also scored some great looking duck legs which will make it into our tummies this evening along with the potatoes and perhaps the peaches will be featured in the sauce, who knows, the possibilities are endless!  Oh I also got some crème fraichè which of course we will eat a little bit, but I was feeling crazy and thought I would put some into a soap recipe, it will make a rich creamy lather, I promised the girl at the table a bar to try if I did this.

To finish off our trip I got a bunch of gorgeous, bright flowers, they are sitting on the table and I am enjoying their bold colors as I write this.  They are a good reminder that fall is actually coming and the weather will just be getting better and better.

Well I am off, enjoy your labor day weekend - and YAY to fall!

~CM


No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List